Spring has sprung and you know what that means. Ah yes; it’s time to do some spring cleaning. Don’t get too discouraged yet! We know it’s not easy to juggle it all and on top of that, have to do a deep cleaning. We’re here to make the process quick and easy, as it should be!
Do you know what’s worse than cleaning? Cleaning and then realizing you have run out of cleaning supplies. Before you begin, make sure you have everything you need. Preferably put it all in one place to make it easier to have everything on hand. Below are even more tips to make starting this process a breeze:
- Clean when you have the entire day or weekend to yourself
- You’ll feel good and see results instantly when you do it in the span of 1 or 2 days
- No good cleaning day is complete without good music or a podcast
- Find something to listen to that will pump you up or have you intrigued for hours
Most, if not all of us, have items in our closets and around our homes that we haven’t used recently or at all. Take this spring cleaning as an opportunity to declutter! Free yourself of the items that are no longer useful to you. As famed Japanese organizing consultant Marie Kondo would say, asks if it sparks joy. If it doesn’t, it’s time for it to go.
- Make sure to also go through documents and mail
- Put any important paper items in a folder or create a file system
- Discard and recycle the rest
- As for clothing, shoes, etc., put it all in trash bags to be donated to your local thrift store
Kitchen & bathroom
Let’s start with possibly the busiest rooms in your home; the kitchen & bathroom. Just like your closet, make sure to go through your fridge, pantries, and medicine cabinets to get rid of old or expired food & medications. If you find all three of these are disorganized, make sure to reorganize as needed. Here are even more reminders for cleaning your kitchen & bathroom.
- Before putting everything back in, clean the inside of your oven, fridge, and microwave
- Scrub the tub, toilet, & shower
- Mop and sweep all floors
- Sanitize (this applies to all rooms in the home)
- Polish dining furniture as needed
- Wash towels (hand towels too) as well as all trash cans
Bedroom & Living Room
Now, let’s move on to places we’d love to spend more time if they weren’t as messy. Yes, we’re talking about bedrooms and living rooms. If you’ve started with prepping and decluttering, then you’ve already done the hardest part. All that’s left is organizing and tidying up as follows:
- Wash bedding, pillows, and throws
- Dust all furniture and decor
- Vacuum or mop floor
- Wash windows and dust blinds/curtain rods
Well, there you have it! A simple guide to spring cleaning. We know it’s not easy but we also know it has to get done. To help you out, even more, we’ve created a printout that summarizes everything mentioned above. If you’re looking to freshen up your home with new furniture or decor, make sure to shop our sale where select items are up to 40% off! Happy spring and spring cleaning!